Friday, May 5, 2017

Peaches & Cream & Green Protein Smoothie!

More often than not, my post-run recovery treat is smoothie made with vegan protein powder, plant milk, frozen fruit, and maybe a fun "superfood" add-in or two. Smoothies are super-easy on my tummy in the morning, and with enough protein and fat, they keep me full for hours!

VeganSmart makes some of my favorite protein powders because 1) they taste great, 2) they make for very thick, creamy smoothies, and 3) they're made with high-quality ingredients like whole veggies and fruits and a protein blend made from pea, quinoa, chia, potato, and chlorella. They come in flavors that so many other brands do not (think cookies 'n' cream, chocolate raspberry, and strawberry shortcake). Plus, since it's an all-in-one nutritional shake, it has so much more than just protein. In addition to 20 grams of protein, there are vitamins and minerals, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, and much more. VeganSmart mailed me another of their fun and different flavors — Peaches & Cream — to sample and develop a recipe with.


I wanted to do a Peaches & Cream thing with the ingredients as well as the powder, but I didn't want to go the standard cashew cream route because that seemed too obvious (probably delicious though!). Instead, I opted for avocado to give the smoothie an extra creamy mouthfeel. Plus, frozen peaches, almond milk, flax seed, and a greens powder for good measure. You could always sub out fresh greens, like kale or spinach, instead of the greens powder.

Here's the recipe!


Peaches & Cream & Green Smoothie
Yields 1 smoothie

1 cup almond milk
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1 scoop VeganSmart Peaches & Cream All-in-One Nutritional Shake
1 tsp. greens powder (or 1/2 cup fresh kale or spinach)

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smoothie and creamy. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

This smoothie looks great! I really love adding avocado to smoothies, it adds such a rich creamy fattiness!

Sarah said...

Oooh this sounds amazing! They offer such yummy flavors, I definitely want to give it a try! I'm going to head to the website and check them out! Cookies and cream sounds ridiculously amazing! I can totally see making banana nice cream with that!