Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Stuff I Ate

I should probably just call this post "Doughnuts I Ate" cause that's mostly all it is. I threw in a few smoothies in for good measure.

I'll start with this big ole pizza box full of doughnuts from Imagine Vegan Cafe. Owner Kristie made vegan doughnuts a couple Sundays ago. It's a rare occasion when Kristie makes doughnuts, so when it happens, I'm all in. But I didn't get all of these for myself. Only two were for me. Stephanie requested I pick up four for her, one was for Susan, and two were for Pam.


I went with a Jelly Doughnut with Peanut Buttercream. Perfection! I wish I had about 10 more of those right now!


I also chose a Lemon Cream Cheese Doughnut stuffed with curd and topped with Tofutti cream cheese frosting.


Savannah, Kristie's daughter, made Cinnamon Twists that day too. I didn't order any because we already had too many doughnuts, but she threw some in for free for us to try. So soft and buttery and cinnamony.


Doughnuts don't always have to be junk food! This morning, I had gluten-free FitQuick Vanilla Sprinkle Protein Doughnuts after my run. One had cookie butter topping. Another had cocoa spread, and one had maple almond butter.


You can't have doughnuts without coffee! I had my first PSL of the season (even though fall hasn't begun yet) last week at Bluff City Coffee. Sadly, most pumpkin spice-flavored syrup isn't vegan (yep, even Starbucks, sorry) because it contains dairy. But Monin pumpkin spice is vegan, and it's what they use at Bluff City.


Here's something way healthier than a doughnut. On the Rise & Resist podcast a couple weeks ago, Lacy mentioned her new favorite quick post-workout meal — Overnight Chia Protein Oats. One cup of almond milk, 1/4 cup oats, 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 scoop protein powder, and half a banana. Put it in a shaker cup, shake, and refrigerate for a few hours. I did this the night before Saturday's 16-mile training run. It was perfect afterward. It gets all thick and pudding-like.


As always, I'm still drinking lots of protein smoothies. This was a Strawberry Hemp Protein Smoothie with almond milk, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, berry Vega One protein, and hemp seeds.


And here's a Beet Berry Orange Protein Smoothie with a whole steamed beet, an orange, almond milk, greens powder, and berry Vega One protein powder.


More random pics tomorrow! But no doughnuts. Sorry.

4 comments:

Cadry said...

This is my kind of post! I will live vicariously through your donut escapades. :D

Hillary said...

I agree with Cadry!! I have never had a vegan doughnut in my life! I need to fix that!

House Vegan said...

Yessss! I haven't had a donut in so long! Every time I think about getting one I talk myself out of it. Because...... I'm crazy?

Susan said...

So many doughnuts! They look goooood!